Wake up and be(ard) awesome! Who doesn’t like a good, thick and a well kept beard? Well, the answer is we all do. With a nice full beard, one can have a good hair day everyday. We all love the beard, but it could be a little tricky to figure out what suits your beard the best because a patchy beard can be quite a turn off. You can’t leave your beard alone because when unkempt it can look not only distasteful but it can make you look untidy and scruffy as well. And neither can you put the piles and piles of cream, balm, butter and oils you get these days, you can end up with a very oily skin and a greasy chin. So, what’s the answer to a perfect, well kept beard?
Why are oils good for a healthy, neat and thick beard?
Good oils hydrate the skin underneath the beard and helps the beard to remain soft and manageable. According to experts, a good beard is the one that is shiny and groomed, and not dusty, flaky and shabby. Oils will keep the skin underneath the beard moisturised and hydrated which in turn will not let the skin be flaky and dry. This will let the beard be free of ‘beardruff’. With great beard comes great responsibility, so make sure to keep your beard strong and shiny. Now let’s see the best oils for a perfect thick beard.
Jojoba oil for your beard
- Jojoba oil is one of the biggest blessings for the skin. It is lightweight and mimics the properties of the oil produced by the skin, that we call the sebum.
- Jojoba makes the perfect beard oil for those who have rough and unruly beard.
- It has many properties that makes jojoba oil a great conditioner for your beard.
- Jojoba also happens to be non-comedogenic and non-allergenic, and as a result it will not block pores and shouldn’t cause skin irritation.
- Jojoba is also known to strengthen the hair shaft and clean the hair follicle, which is important if you’re trying to maintain a long beard.
How to use Jojoba oil everyday for your beard
- If your skin and facial hair is not overly dry, massage a few drops of jojoba oil into damp beard after showering to condition and soften your beard.
- In case your skin is very dry, massage your skin and beard with jojoba oil and let it soak in for 40-45 minutes before washing it off with a mild cleanser.
- If your skin feels dry throughout the day, then you can intermittently keep applying 1-2 drops of oil into your beard, 2-3 times a day.
- If your beard is damaged due to using too many styling products, the enriching Argan oil is the answer. Packed with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, Argan oil will repair damaged beard and skin like a pro.
- It locks in moisture and important nutrients to keep the beard hair smooth, protect against breakage and split ends. At the same time, this moisture promotes a natural shine in your beard for a more healthy appearance.
- Argan oil is highly compatible with both skin and hair, it is also non-comedogenic and which is why it doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t allow breakouts in the skin.
How to use Argan oil everyday for your beard
- It’s best to always start with clean beard so that no grime is trapped in the beard. Take a few drops on your fingers and work them through your beard from roots to ends.
- If your beard gets tangled easily, you can take a few drops of Argan oil and run it evenly across you beard and untangle them. It is smooth and works really well for tangled beard.
- If you are a beard balm kind of a guy, you will be surprised to know that a lot of beard balms have argan oil, so why not use it directly for a shiny thick beard?
Hemp seed oil for your beard
- Cold pressed Hemp seed oil is full of nutrients and it is a very good moisturizer for beard and moustaches. It also keeps the skin underneath hydrated and nourished.
- No one likes a patchy beard. This oil contains omega-6 fatty acid which is a vital ingredient in hair growth. Deep massage of your beard and the skin underneath can give you a thick uniform growth of beard.
- Hemp seed oil also strengthens the hair strands and prevents breakage of the weak dry hair.
- Growing a beard may sometimes cause itchiness of the skin. As already mentioned, Hemp seed oil is an excellent moisturiser and it also prevents eczema and reduces inflammation, itchiness, and redness of the skin underneath the beard.
How to use Hemp seed oil everyday for your beard
- If your beard is not even, this oil is the answer. It won’t clog your pores as it has a score of 0 in the comedogenic scale and it will promote even growth of beard. Take a few drops in your palm and massage it evenly all over your face and neck. Make sure your beard is clean before applying oil.
- In case you suffer from itchiness or eczema, Hemp seed can provide a lot of relief. It is going to soothe as well as smoothen your skin. Take a few drops and massage your face with it, you can replace your moisturiser with this oil as well. Why buy so many products, when you can actually buy less and do more.
When should I apply beard oils?
The best time to groom your beard is right after your shower. The beard is still damp and the oil will spread evenly without much effort. After a hot shower the hair follicles and pores on the skin are still open, making it easier for the oil to get absorbed.
What should I see before buying a beard oil?
It is a very good habit to read the ingredient label before buying anything, be it a food item or a personal care product. You can not be sure how much and what exactly goes into your favourite pre-formulated beard oil. For example, if your beard oil says it is Argan enriched, you won’t know whether it contains 1% or 60% Argan oil. So mono-herbal oils is a better choice, you can always mix 2-3 oils and make your own beard oil. Click here https://speakingherbs.com/shop/ to buy the best oils for your beard care.
Also try to make sure that there is no added mineral oils, preservatives, fragrance or colour pigment in your beard oil. It is always good to buy products containing as less synthetic compounds as possible.
Photo by Fayiz Musthafa on Unsplash