Too many open pores on your face? Regular use of this Avocado oil, rich in collagenase activity will slowly cover up these indelible pores that made a place for themselves in your skin. Also the abundance of good fatty acid, makes this oil a superfood for your skin. And you can even add a spoon full of Avocado oil to your salads, your body will thank you.
What Is It?
At Speaking Herbs, we ethically source very good quality Avocados, and they are pressed to extract the oil without any external heat. It is unrefined which helps the flavour and nutrients to be intact. Avocado oil is the natural oil pressed from the pulp of an avocado.
It’s an outstanding source of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins. Almost 70% of avocado oil consists of the much wanted oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Avocado oil is a relatively good source of lutein, a carotenoid that’s naturally found in your eyes. Eating lutein may reduce the risk of cataracts and macular (relating to the macula of the eye) degeneration, which are common age-related eye diseases. The beta carotene, protein, lecithin, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, and E found in avocado oil help moisturize and protect the skin from damaging UV rays and also increase collagen metabolism. Avocado oil is light and can be applied directly on the skin.
Why Is It good For My Skin?
- Along with vitamin E, avocado oil contains a plethora of other nutrients like lecitihn, potassium, fatty acids, beta carotene which is easily absorbed by the outer layer of the skin and this in turn helps in formation of new skin cells.
- Avocado oil heals wounds. In a study involving rats, it was found that application of avocado oil made healing fast and easy.
- In another study in rats, it has been found that avocado oil is able to reduce the production of free radicals. Oxidative stress results in the formation of free radicals which can give rise to premature ageing of the skin.
Why Is It good For My Hair?
- As it is lighter than many other oils, it can be applied to the scalp and throughout the length of the hair without worrying about build up, weighing down of the hair, or clogging the pores.
- Because it extremely rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats, it can actually penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize each strand of hair, rather than sitting on top as a coating. These fats also strengthen the hair shaft and help prevent breakage.
- The monounsaturated fatty acids make avocado oil a great solution for people with dry, itchy or sensitive skin. It is able to quickly penetrate into the second layer of the skin (the dermis), providing a deep moisturizing treatment to the scalp.
How Should I Use It ?
Use it instead of a moisturizer
Replace your regular moisturizer with the avocado oil of Speaking Herbs. Clean your face, take 2-3 drops of this oil and apply it generously all over your face and neck.
Use it to fight premature ageing
One can develop fine lines around the eyes and neck faster than the rest of the face due to a variety of reasons; exposure to sun being the most common one followed by anxiety and stress. Take 3-4 drops of the oil and massage your face with it regularly instead of any other medicated ointment. You can see the effectiveness almost immediately.
Use it to treat a sensitive scalp
Itchy and flaky scalp is more common than you think. Take 8-10 drops and massage your scalp with it. You may also wrap your head with a hot towel such that the scalp absorbs the oil quickly.
Can I Consume It ?
All our oils are food-grade and hence you can consume it.
Why Should I Consume It ?
This oil has high quality fatty acid which makes it suitable for human consumption. It contains all the fatty acids that is you need making it a very good oil for human consumption. It is flavorful and accentuates taste when added to salads and vegetables. It is gaining a lot of popularity among health enthusiasts. Avocado oil is highly recommended in the keto diet.
Q : Is there any added fragrance in the avocado oil of Speaking Herbs?
No, there is no added fragrance in the avocado oil of Speaking Herbs.
Q : What is the shelf life of avocado oil?
The shelf life of avocado oil is two years, although if stored correctly then it can be stored for a longer period.
Q : Is the avocado oil of Speaking Herbs pure?
Yes, the avocado oil of Speaking Herbs is pure as it is extracted through cold pressed method and with superior quality avocados.
Q : Will avocado oil clog pores?
The comedogenic rating of avocado oil is 3, which means that a lot of people will break out and a lot of will not break out; it depends upon your skin type. It is suited for drier acne prone skin but it may still clog pores.
Q : Is avocado oil safe for pets?
It is not toxic for dogs and cats, but can lead to an upset stomach. Although avocado oil is dangerous to horses, birds and other farm animals.
Q : Can avocado oil of Speaking Herbs be used for cooking?
Yes, you can use avocado oil of Speaking Herbs for cooking as it is food grade. Also, it is rich in many nutrients and is very healthy. In addition, it has a distinct taste and can be used for salad dressing.
Q : Why do the oils of Speaking Herbs come in a glass bottle?
The oils of Speaking Herbs come in a glass bottle because plastics have a leaching tendency and can leach into the oils making it contaminated and unfit for use.
Q : Is avocado oil good for nails?
Yes, the good fats in avocados helps your body to absorb these nutrients fast resulting in a quick fix for dull nails.
Q : Does avocado oil works for low porosity hair?
Yes, avocado works wonders for low porosity hair as it has a natural penetrating tendency.
Q : Can avocado oil be used as a lip balm?
Yes, avocado oil can be used for lip balms. As it is thicker than other oil, it can sit on the skin’s surface much longer, making it very effective for lip balms. Moreover, it is rich in various nutrients which are good for your lips.
Q : Can avocado oil be used to reduce wrinkles?
Yes, avocado oil can be used to reduce wrinkles but remember avocado oil has a comedogenic score of three, meaning a lot of people will break out because of this oil.
Q : Will avocado oil strip hair colour?
No, avocado oil does not strip your hair colour