WHAT IS BLACK SEED OIL?
At Speaking Herbs, we ethically source organic, superior quality black seeds, and they are pressed to extract the oil without any external heat or chemical agent. It is extra-virgin, first pressed and unrefined which helps the nutrients to be intact.
These tiny seeds are rich in Thymoquinone, which is a powerful antioxidant. Black seed and its oil is been used for several conditions and it is known to give relief in the treatment of headaches, toothaches, asthma, arthritis, parasitic infections and many other ailments. More recently they have been promoted for the treatment of diabetes and high blood pressure. Black seed oil is occasionally recommended for the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
WHY IS BLACK SEED OIL GOOD FOR MY SKIN?
- Black seed oil is rich in fatty acids and amino acids that help maintain the skin’s lipid barrier and prevent drying of skin. It can be an excellent moisturizer even in the harsh winters.
- This oil is the ultimate remedy for cracked heels and elbows. It can heal the rough edges of our heels and elbows after five to six uses.
- Rich in antioxidants, this oil is a perfect ingredient to fight off free radicals that notoriously damage skin and hair cells through oxidation. Thymoquinone present in this oil, is a powerful antioxidant. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties that protects skin cells from free radical damage, thereby making our skin look fresh and young.
- Black seed oil contains natural antihistamine properties which helps reduce the negative symptoms of allergy. Its anti-inflammatory properties helps calm rashes and inflammation of eczema as well.
- This oil is very good for the thickening of eyelashes and eyebrows. It stimulates hair follicles, thereby promoting hair growth.
WHY IS BLACK SEED OIL GOOD FOR MY HAIR?
- Black seed oil contains many valuable nutrients including calcium, protein, potassium, zinc, vitamins and essential fatty acids that boosts hair growth.
- Black seed oil softens and conditions all hair types including frizzy wild curls. It nourishes the hair strands by penetrating deep into hair cells, thereby softening them and making them more manageable.
CAN I CONSUME BLACK SEED OIL?
All our oils are food-grade and edible. Yes, you can consume it.
WHY SHOULD I CONSUME IT?
One of the key components of black seed oil is thymoquinone, which is a very powerful antioxidant. When taken orally this oil is said to boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, and fight infections. It is rich in the very sought after Omega 3,6 and 9. Therefore, daily consumption of 5ml black seed oil can boost the HDL in our systems and it is said to be good for the heart health.
HOW SHOULD I USE IT?
Use it instead of a body oil
Take 10-12 drops of this oil and use it to moisturise the whole body instead of any body lotion.
Use it to condition your hair
Add 2-3 drops of this oil to your shampoo and massage your head and scalp well. You will be surprised to see that even if you don’t use a conditioner, your hair will feel soft and manageable.
Use it instead of an eyelash/eyebrow growth oil
Take 1-2 drops and dab it lightly across your eyelash and eyebrows and see a difference within two to three weeks.
Use it to heal cracked heels
Take 5-6 drops and massage your heels for one to two mins. You will see the results within a weeks’ time.
Q. How is Black Seed oil derived?
At Speaking Herbs, Black Seed oil is produced using the cold-pressed method of extraction without any external heat or chemicals, ensuring that the constituents of the oil remains untouched and unaltered.
Q. What does this Black Seed oil contain?
The Speaking Herbs Black Seed oil contains 100% Nigella Sativa oil, it is free from additives and has not been diluted.
Q. What is the colour of Black Seed oil?
Pure, organic, cold pressed Black seed oil should be bright golden in colour.
Q. What does Black Seed oil smell like?
The Black Seed oil of Speaking Herbs smells just like the raw material. It smells strongly like the black seeds. It has a spicy pungent smell.
Q. Can I apply it oil on my nails?
Yes, you can. In fact, it helps to strengthen brittle nails.
Q. Does the Black Seed oil of Speaking Herbs contain mineral oils?
No, it doesn’t.
Q. Can it be used by pregnant or nursing mothers?
No, we don’t recommend pregnant women to take this oil orally, however it can be used topically. Same goes for nursing mothers as well. You can definitely use it topically but please consult a physician before consuming it orally.
Q. Is this oil food grade?
All the oils of Speaking Herbs are food grade.
Q. How much should I consume?
You can take 5ml or one teaspoon (preferably in an empty stomach).