WHAT IS SWEET ALMOND OIL?
At Speaking Herbs, we take the ripe almonds and they are pressed to extract the oil without any external heat. It is unrefined which helps the flavour and nutrients to be intact. While refined almond oil is more heat tolerant but it lacks the nutritional value of the unrefined oil. You must also be wondering why is it called ‘sweet’ almond oil. Well, because we have bitter almonds as well, which is mostly used to impart scent and flavour, but sweet almond is your heart’s best friend. And not to forget, your skin also loves it.
Almonds are absolute powerhouses and contains a lot of essential nutrients. It is a rich source of Vitamin E, good quality proteins, dietary fibers, zinc, magnesium, riboflavin, iron, calcium and potassium. Oxidative stress (when your body doesn’t have enough antioxidants to fight free radicals) is a major cause of the deterioration of the skin’s collagen layer. Vitamin E is a very powerful antioxidant and it is present in abundance in almonds and almond oil.
WHY IS SWEET ALMOND OIL GOOD FOR MY SKIN?
- As it is densely packed with Vitamin E, sweet almond oil keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from UV radiation damage, and helps your skin look smooth, soft, and free of fine lines.
- Almond oil soaks in easily and hence it is a very good moisturiser and can be used on our face and body.
- It can relieve sun exposure and there are also claims that the regular use of this oil can lighten dark under-eye circles.
- Because of the presence of zinc, it is excellent for healing brittle nails.
WHY IS SWEET ALMOND OIL GOOD FOR MY HAIR?
- Many hair care products strip your hair off natural oils, sweet almond oil can help restore the protective barrier.
- Deficiency of magnesium and calcium in particular can result in poor hair growth and hair loss. Zinc is another important mineral for healthy hair and its deficiency is known to cause alopecia, characterized by thinning of hair. Almond oil is rich in all of these minerals, which results in hair growth and prevents hair fall.
CAN I CONSUME IT?
All our oils are food-grade and edible. Yes, you can consume it.
WHY SHOULD I CONSUME IT?
Your heart will be thankful to you for eating almond oil. It is full of monounsaturated fatty acids, which can elevate the levels of good cholesterol, or high-density lipoproteins (HDL). It can also lower levels of bad cholesterol, or low-density lipoproteins (LDL), when it replaces saturated and trans fats.
Almond oil can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease because of its high levels of antioxidants, its ability to decrease inflammation in the body, and its effect on cholesterol.When cooking with almond oil, remember to keep unrefined, cold pressed and virgin sweet almond oil so that all the nutrients are intact.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Use it instead of a night cream
Wash your face clean. Take 3-4 drops of the Speaking Herbs cold-pressed Sweet Almond Oil and apply it generously all over your face and neck.
Use it instead of any other body oil
Take as much as required and replace your body oil with the goodness of Sweet Almond oil.
Use it instead of your regular hair oil
Take 10-12 drops and apply it over your scalp such that all the hair roots are covered and leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Use it instead of your regular baby oil
It is absolutely safe for babies and you can replace your everyday baby oil with this nutrient dense oil. It is safe and your little one’s skin is going to love it.
Q. Sweet almond oil comes from which part of the plant?
Sweet almond oil, as the name suggests, comes from the sweet almond kernel.
Q. How is Sweet almond oil made?
At Speaking Herbs, we extract the oil by cold pressing the sweet almond kernels without applying any external heat or chemical reagents.
Q. How can I use Sweet almond oil on my face?
Make sure your hands, face and neck is clean. Speaking Herbs provides you with a dropper for easy application. Take 4-5 drops of the oil on your palm, rub your palms together and massage the oil all over your face and neck.
Q. Is Sweet Almond oil a good moisturizer?
Particularly rich in unsaturated fats, sweet almond oil is ideal to nourish dry skin. You can apply it directly on your skin to reinforce the hydrolipidic film which protects your epidermis. In other words, it makes your skin “impermeable” and protects it against dehydration. Then, if you have chapped lips or little cracking on your hands, sweet almond oil can also help you! You just need to apply few drops of it on the dry areas.