TEA TREE OIL
Starting from your skin to your nails, Tea tree oil has something to offer to all. Mixed with a carrier oil, this essential oil can fight against acne, pimples and scar marks. With potent antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties, it is effective against fungal nail infections and also fights dandruff.
What Is It ?
At Speaking Herbs, we ethically source superior quality tea tree leaves, and they are steam distilled to extract the oil. The oil is separated from the distillation unit carefully and packed in amber coloured bottles such that it is not affected by heat and other external factors.
Tea tree’s primary active ingredients include terpene hydrocarbons, monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes. These are the compounds that bestows tea tree its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal activity. There are actually many different chemical components of tea tree oil, terpinen-4-ol and alpha-terpineol are the most active ones.
Why Is It Good For My Skin?
- The striking germ-fighting properties make tea tree oil a valued natural remedy for treating bacterial and fungal skin conditions, preventing infection and promoting healing.
- The reputation given to this oil as a ‘cure it all’ is not an exaggeration. Tea tree oil can be used as a cure for almost all topical infections. It has the potential to fight against acne and breakouts.
- It has also shown good results in fighting against inflammatory conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Tea tree oil has been shown to be effective in fighting skin infections and reducing wound size.
- This remarkable oil has also proven itself as an effective agent to soothe sunburns, sores and insect bites. A patch test is always recommended.
- In a study conducted, it was found that tea tree oil was a highly effective natural treatment for scabies because of its powerful antimicrobial properties.
Why Is It Good For My Hair?
- Although there isn’t a lot of research, a study suggests that tea tree oil could help in reducing dandruff.
- This oil is known as a natural treatment for fighting against lice. Lice, if finds its way to the scalp becomes a big nuisance. They multiply very fast and if not treated at once, can create a hoard of issues.
How Should I Use It ?
- Always blend a few drops of tea tree oil to a cold pressed carrier oil (like sweet almond oil, coconut oil etc.) before applying it to your hair or face.
- You can also add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to rose water and use it as a toner. It will also act as an antimicrobial agent and prevent inflammations of the skin.
- You must dilute it with a carrier oil even when you are applying it to a wound.
- If you want a tea tree oil based shampoo, add a couple of drops to the shampoo that you use everyday and you can notice a difference.
Can I Consume It ?
No, you are not supposed to ingest the oil. It is toxic when swallowed.
Is There Any Risks Associated?
Keep it away from pets and children. It can cause nervous problems in cats and dogs.
Q : Is it necessary to dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil?
Yes, tea tree oil is an essential oil and must be diluted with a carrier oil.
Q : Does the tea tree oil of Speaking Herbs contain any added fragrance?
No, the tea tree oil of Speaking Herbs does not contain any added fragrance and is pure oil.
Q : Is tea tree oil safe for pets?
No, tea tree oil can cause nervous problems in pets.
Q : Is tea tree oil good for beard?
Yes, tea tree oil is amazing for beards as is helps in beard growth and prevention of beard dandruff.
Q : What are the other benefits of tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil can cure athlete’s foot and nail fungus because of its antifungal and astringent properties.
Q : Can tea tree oil be ingested?
No, tea tree oil can not be ingested, it is toxic when ingested.
Q : Is tea tree oil effective for lice?
Yes, tea tree oil is very effective for lice treatment.
Q : Can tea tree oil be used as a household cleaner?
Yes, tea tree oil can be used as a household cleaner but if you have pets avoid using tea tree oil for household cleaning.
Q : Is tea tree oil safe for babies?
No, tea tree oil should not be used for babies.